Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Angel

Hellooooooooo,

I have not been around much lately in Blog land.......I'm still painting. Walls are complete but I've started on furniture. I still have some wood pieces but a lot is getting painted white....to shabby it up a little.
 Its looking good!
I will visit you all again soon! 

Yesterday I took some time out to create something for LESSology. 
The challenge this month is 'Flights of Fantasy'


I have to show you the before pics first..........
My friend Mandy from Scrappy-Go-Lucky gave me this jewellery stand last year, (she bought it from a thrift store) with the idea of seeing how I could transform it. This challenge was the perfect opportunity! 


Angel wings and some doilies. 


So armed with a glue gun , some lace and a box of doilies this is what I came up with.

Look how pretty it is now!


I removed the jewellery holder part and the skirt, then spray painted it white.


There are only two items that are new on my angel ........the pink doily and the heart charm, every thing else is recycled. The Rhine stone bow is an old brooch that cliped onto a shoe to dress it up.


For the skirt I layered two doilies then gathered some pretty lace over them.


I cut this flower from some lace fabric.




Happy Crafting everyone.....Hope to be back soon.

Tracey

22 comments:

  1. This is definetley better than the original look, love what you have done is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is beautiful, Tracey. You made it look fabulous over its original condition. TFS!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so shabby chic love it, totally gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Thud* That was the sound of my jaw dropping to the ground...excuse me while I go pick it up...lol..Stunning work Tracey! I lovelovelove how you interpreted this challenge and the beautiful execution. Wow! It should go well with your new walls and furniture!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology! Always a delight to stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracey, this is divine!! oh wow, i love all the amazing details, how very beautiful.. oh so creative.. enjoy her..she is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Tracey, she is so beautiful. I love the lace and the bling. Everything about her is just so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tracey!!!! Your angel is GORGEOUS!!!! I love what you have done with it! I would love to see what you are doing at home too, it sounds amazing! Happy week! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is jaw dropping gorgeous. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracey,
    This is so cool....What a wonderful job..I love it..I wish I could wear it...
    Thanks for the message.... I will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How super creative and wonderful! Thanks for joining us at LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavens above Tracey...this is so beautifull and very very clever. Your work is inspirational and I am just ever so gratefull to have found this site!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Tracey this is simply stunning. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a devine make-over. Looks great!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is prefect!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My jaw is ON THE FLOOR!!!! This is AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my gosh, I loooove Angels and your creation is absolutely stunning! The doilies are perfect for the skirt...WOW you have incredible talent! Thanks for playing at the LESSology challenge!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow - I knew you would create something stunning with this. And the one I received in the mail today ..what can I say ..... thank you thank you thank you. She is absolutely gorgeous. i love the draped skirt and the soft pretty aqua and beige. The letter card was the perfect compliment too. Thanks so much my dear friend. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did such a fantastic job of altering this, looks like a true angel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, bellissimo angelo!!! Thanks for sharing your heartfelt creations. I'm your newest fan... You're a true artista.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I just stumbled upon this one on Pinterest. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou 4 making my day and leaving a comment