Monday, March 19, 2012

Post # 2 for today............LESSology

 I am so excited to be 'LESSology's' guest designer for this month. 
I love taking part in the monthly challenges.........the idea of  altering things and giving them a new life is so much fun:) 

Here is what I came up with.

My idea for this challenge was to create a picture frame for my wall..........I arranged my photos in a  "Block" pattern. I thought of each photo block (canvas) like a quilt block, decorating each one differently!
 I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of all the pattern paper, inking and adding some pretty lace and charms, just like you can do if you were creating with material to form a quilt block.


 I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of all the pattern paper, inking and adding some pretty lace and charms, just like you can do if you were creating with material to form a quilt block. 


I used an old Cork Board, painted the frame white and these are some of the recycle items. I used double sided tape to adhere paper to the cork.


Each square block is a mini canvas. This doily is from a table cloth I bought at a thrift store....its slowly getting smaller. 


This is my Grandmother on her wedding day........the butterfly is from an old necklace.


This little clip was given to her when she was baptised...... Her name is engraved on it.



Some pretty recycled lace.



An old tea stained doily, some charms from an old necklace. I used pearl pins to hold them in place on the cork board.

My Grandmother lived until she was 102.......


 I used an old necklace of mine to hang the picture.




I had a lot of fun making this for LESSology........a  BIG thankyou to Yvonne, Angie and the rest of the DT for having me on your Blog today.

I look forward to seeing what you create for this months challenge.

Happy Crafting
Tracey

9 comments:

  1. oh my you did such a beautiful job on this I am in love with it. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing Tracey, love the blocks of photos and the little details of jewellery, such a beautiful treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tracey. this is exquisite... how very precious with these gorgeous keepsakes and beautiful vintage embellies...This is so special.. and will be cherished!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey:) Sorry I haven't been around, I looked at all your postings that I've missed and OMG!! just beautiful as always. The mini dress forms transformation are amazing and beautiful!! OK, LOVE all the detail on this project WOW!! i hope you are doing well:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fantastic and truly special creation. Love all the recycling and such precious love you have incorporated into it!! Amazingly elegant creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey,
    Long time no talk too. I have missed our conversations and communication. I have to tell you that I do genelogy and I so love this.....I can see how special this is......I love everything about it...Great Job..........I have posted a few cards but this is my busy time of year...................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is SUPER AMAZING Tracey! So happy to have you guest design with us at Lessology. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a special tribute to your grandmother. I wish I had some great pictures like these. I would definitely want to create something to honor my grama too.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tracey!!! This is BREATHTAKING!! I've got goose pimples and am all teary-eyed (really, I am!) thinking of the love you've put into this gorgeous, gorgeous project. Each details is just perfect. How wonderful that you've got such special items to include - like the little baptism bracelet! What an amazing tribute to this special woman in your life. How blessed you are to have had her with you for so long as well. 102 years!! The sentiment is just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou 4 making my day and leaving a comment