Thursday, March 1, 2018

Family

I only have a matter of minutes to link up to Stuck?
Talk about cutting it fine!
Earlier in the week I started this page...2 attempts in the bin, 3rd time lucky. Sometimes what you have in mind, does not come together on paper.
The sketch
  
This is a very old photo of my grandparents and great grandparents. I need to call my mum to find out what year it was taken...then I'll add it to the page.  Originally I had the title 'family' more to the left, but then  noticed the vintage style camera my grandmother is holding, I did not want to cover it up, so I centered the title over the photo.

I've tried to keep the page a little vintage looking with the colours, crochet doilies and a touch of gold. The large banner is embossed for added texture.

Happy March

Tracey

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Tracey, thank you for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pretty flowers... Great page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, Tracey!! The photo is beautiful and you've showcased it perfectly!! I love the pretty papers and flowers!! I'm glad you left the vintage camera visible in your grandmother's hand...what a fun touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey, What a precious photo to scrap, love the papers and the flowers are a perfect touch, love the embossing on the banner too.. So glad you were inspired by the Stuck?! sketch.. Have you gotten any rain> We have had a wonderful storm here this afternoon.. but the humidity is horrid! Perhaps there is more rain on the way.. have a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and what a fantastic photo. Love the vintage feel of it and awesome that you caught the camera in there and didn't cover it up..

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou 4 making my day and leaving a comment